Love is the universal language.
A large populace have loved and lost. As a result, they often tend to conceal their emotions from the world and live life through the shades of black and white.
However, philosophers, authors, and philanthropists who have walked the path all documented their series of observations, reminders, and advice — all in quotes.
Hence, read through the fifty beautiful quotes below to get a heartwarming that’ll instantly detach the glue holding your emotions against the world.
No doubt, the below quotes will also help you get better at life in general. Hence, feel free to bookmark this page for an easier access when a need for them arises (perhaps when that long time crush of yours says YES and you need the inspiration to keep the emotions all heated up haha 😉 ).
1. “If you wished to be loved, love.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
2. “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
3. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein
4. “Be helpful. When you see a person without a smile, give them yours.” – Zig Ziglar
5. “A hug is like a boomerang – you get it back right away.” – Bil Keane
6. “Don’t brood. Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever.” – Leo Buscaglia
7. “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.” – Leo Buscaglia
8. “Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.” – Leo Buscaglia
9. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
10. “All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.” – Leo Tolstoy
11. “Self-love is the source of all our other loves.” – Pierre Corneille
12. “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.” – T. Tolis
13. “Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.” – Erich Fromm
14. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
15. “Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you.” – Loretta Young
16. “Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
17. “The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that’s that.” – Woody Allen
18. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
19. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
20. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
21. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
22. “Where there is love there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi
23. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
24. “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” – David Viscott
25. “We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
26. “There is no disguise which can hide love for long where it exists, or simulate it where it does not.” – François de La Rochefoucauld
27. “We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.” – Tom Robbins
28. “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” – Victor Hugo
29. “Love is when he gives you a piece of your soul, that you never knew was missing.” – Torquato Tasso
30. “I love that feeling of being in love, the effect of having butterflies when you wake up in the morning. That is special.” – Jennifer Aniston
31. “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” – Ingrid Bergman
32. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” – Khalil Gibran
33. “The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.” – Mother Teresa
34. “Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives.” – C. S. Lewis
35. “We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.” – Orson Welles
36. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” – Stephen Chbosky
37. “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” – Max Muller
38. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” – Mother Teresa
39. “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and let it come in.” – Morrie Schwartz.
40. “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
41. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
42. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” – Dr. Wayne Dyer.
43. “Just because it didn’t last forever, doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth your while.” – Anonymous
44. “Dear Heart, fall in love only when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely.” – Anonymous
45. “It’s impossible” said pride. “It’s risky” said experience. “It’s pointless” said reason. “Give it a try” whispered the heart.” – Anonymous
46. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
47. “Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
48. “Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow.” – John Lennon
49. ‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
50. “Don’t forget to love yourself.” – Soren Kierkegaard
Love gives life a spark, makes it an adventure and gives it a whole new meaning. Love makes you strive harder to succeed in order to live your ideal lifestyle with your loved ones.
No matter how much you’ve lost, never quit loving — the moment you do, you stop seeing the beauty in life and most importantly, you miss the awesomeness of companionship.
Keep the flames lighted up by passing love around and, feel free to include your personal favorite love quote(s). Best regards!
Latest posts by Joseph Chukwube (see all)
- The ONE Skill to Learn to Develop an Entrepreneurial Mindset - April 11, 2019
- The ONE Thing You Need to Create the Lifestyle You Want - March 4, 2019
- 8 Reasons to Practice Mindfulness Meditation - December 28, 2018