Happiness brings smiles… a smile lights up the way
Daily circumstances often seem to steal our glow and make us sad-faced lots of time. However, the below quotes will undoubtedly restore the beauty in your smiles and show you lots of reasons to be happy.
Read and feel free to bookmark the below quotes and, never hesitate to turn to them whenever the tide gets unfavorable.
- “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.” – Mark Twain
- “True happiness is… to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.” – Richard Bach
- “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won’t have to hunt for happiness.” – William E. Gladstone
- “If you want to be happy, be.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results.” – Denis Waitley
- “Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness.” – Zhuangzi
- “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” – Marthe Troly-Curtin
- “It is more fitting for a man to laugh at life than to lament over it.” – Seneca
- “Happy is he who learns to bear what he cannot change.” – Friedrich Schiller
- “Happiness is a direction, not a place.” – Sydney J. Harris
- “The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
- “Happiness seems made to be shared.” – Pierre Corneille
- “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
- “We never taste a perfect joy; our happiest successes are mixed with sadness.” – Pierre Corneille
- “The time to be happy is now, and the place to be happy is here.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
- “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” – James Oppenheim
- “Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.” – Buddha
- “Happiness isn’t something you experience; it’s something you remember.” – Oscar Levant
- “Happiness is like a butterfly.
The more you chase it, the more it eludes you.
But if you turn your attention to other things,
It comes and sits softly on your shoulder.”
– Henry David Thoreau
- “Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “When ambition ends, happiness begins.” – Thomas Merton
- “What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “Everyone chases after happiness, not noticing that happiness is right at their heels.” – Bertolt Brecht
- “Happiness can only be found if you can free yourself of all other distractions.” – Saul Bellow
- “Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.” – Bil Keane
- “Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.” – Maxim Gorky
- “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” – Epictetus
- “Happiness doesn’t depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude.” – Dale Carnegie
- “If your happiness depends on what somebody else does, I guess you do have a problem.” – Richard Bach
- “Happiness is like a cloud, if you stare at it long enough, it evaporates.” – Sarah McLachlan
- “The first recipe for happiness is: avoid too lengthy meditation on the past.” – Andre Maurois
- “Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.” – William Feather
- “It’s enough to indulge and to be selfish but true happiness is really when you start giving back.” – Adrian Grenier
- “There is only one passion, the passion for happiness.” – Denis Diderot
- “Happiness is hard to recall. It’s just a glow.” – Frank McCourt
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
- “When what we are is what we want to be, that’s happiness.” – Malcolm Forbes
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The secret of happiness is to admire without desiring.” – Carl Sandburg
- “Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness.” – Buddha
- “Desire nothing, give up all desires and be happy.” – Swami Sivananda
- “Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of another.” – Marquis de Condorcet
- “We possess only the happiness we are able to understand.” – Maurice Maeterlinck
- “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” – Bette Davis
- “If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap.’
If you want happiness for a day — go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.” – Chinese Proverb
We often set our lives upon goals and dreams. We seek for wealth and adventures. However, regardless of whatever we live for, it’s importance to note that nothing makes any sense if we disregard the top priority, our happiness.
Bear the above quotes in mind and take a new stance in addressing your adversities.
Smile and embrace life with open arms. Goodluck!
Latest posts by Joseph Chukwube (see all)
- 5 Best Ways to Boost Your Employees’ Motivation - November 22, 2017
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Use Social Media To Create A Better Future - October 17, 2017
- Who Are You? A Journey Into Self-discovery - August 14, 2017