Every living being is ambitious.
We all have a goal or dream we wake up to pursue every single day.
I dream to turn this blog into a globally renowned self-improvement platform helping individuals from all corners of the earth to live their dream life to the fullest; so far so good, the journey has been fascinating and new things are learned on the daily.
You also have your dreams — perhaps to become happier, healthier, richer, to take more adventures and so many other beautiful dreams.
These dreams are a core part of life that helps us to remain focused.
The fact, however, is that it’s often never easy to pursue our dreams, talk more of achieving them.
Roadblocks often get in the way of our big dreams and make us to lose focus, to lose the goal, and the dream.
Some of these roadblocks, we create by ourselves while trying to “belong.”
The big mistake we make is trying to master every new trend, even trends that are in no way related to our career fields.
Sure it’s good to crave information on the latest trends and happenings, knowing when to adopt new trends and which trends to adopt is what many individuals fail to realize.
As they try to become a tech-savvy, social activist, business icon, political personnel, all at the same time, they end up in a rat race that cripples their dreams.
Adopting social trends is a great way to add a bit of humor to your daily life, and it’s important to adopt tech trends in order to be environment-conscious.
However, it’s important to know the limits to not exceed in adopting these trends so as to not end up living in cycles and moving at a fast-pace with no purpose.
Below are 6 ways to escape the daily rat race.
Nearly everything happens online these days, or at least, we make it seem so.
We spend so much time on the net trying to keep up with the world that we fail to realize how much we are really missing out on.
We try to keep up with online friends, the celebrity gossips, local and international news and other online activities that add little or no value to our lives.
This often births a rat-race that imprisons our time, creativity, progress, and the big dreams in general.
The internet is important, but the offline world is equally important.
You don’t need the internet to eat good food, get sufficient sleep, exercise, meditate, or any of such activities that’ll facilitate your general wellbeing.
Don’t make your life all about the internet.
Unplug every now and then and practice lifestyle trends that’ll pull you out of the online fuzz and aid your personal and career well-being.
There are lots of activities that’ll contend with your focus every now and then, directly or indirectly.
With the internet, you can easily come across individuals who are seemingly doing much better than you and you’ll get the urge to imitate their lifestyle, or even to drop your career to pursue theirs because they are seemingly doing better.
We often fail to realize that what goes on in people’s lives behind the scenes is often far greater than the flashy things they showcase on social media.
It takes a special kind of mindfulness to stick to a particular goal or lifestyle in this 21st century.
To be in charge of your life regardless of all these distractions, practice the following:
- Discover your vision and mission: Everyone is unique, and so is our purpose in life. Ability to discover your vision and mission will enable you to not lose track easily.
- Stay focused on it: Whenever such enticing activities try to captivate your attention, reflect on your vision and mission and stick to the plan.
- Be consistent and persistent: To achieve your mission, certain approaches have to be taken. Persistently take such approaches and be consistent.
- Show gratitude: Though success may not be achieved immediately, showing gratitude for the progress will motivate and keep you on the right track.
- Filter negativity from your mind: To achieve mindfulness that’ll help you to be in a flow state in your everyday life, you must erase all negative thoughts from your mind to make room for the positive ones as your life is shaped by your thoughts.
Have a plan
The rat-race is suffered the most by individuals who have no laid down goals and objectives. They easily get driven by passing fads that add no value to their life.
Once these fads are over, such individuals find themselves at the starting point once again with zero achievements. They then hop on to the newest trend and this goes on and on like a cycle.
Have a masterplan of what you want to achieve in life. Break it further down to how you aim to go about it.
To a create a renowned self-improvement blog that’ll help individuals from all corners of the earth to lead a better, happier life, the masterplan is to create exceptional contents in the self-improvement niche.
The sub-plan, then, is to create such contents as often as possible, get published in as many bigger publication as possible, and market my platform as much as possible to reach an even bigger audience.
Once you’ve successfully structured your goals and objectives in this format, cut-off any trend that is not in any way facilitating the process.
Take care of yourself and stay positive
Positivity will you help you to eliminate the rat-race from within.
When other individuals are wandering aimlessly and making a fuzz on how their life is not adding up, you’ll be far more relaxed knowing fully well that everything will be alright just in time.
Maintain a positive outlook and look for the good to reap from every situation.
Let it all be
Don’t get consumed by the struggle to survive and forget to enjoy the life you have, sometimes you need to let it all be. Time heals everything as they say.
Every now and then, ignore all the personal issues, financial wrecks, relationship problems, career difficulties and take a deep breath to refresh yourself.
You need to frequently remind yourself that there have been problems before you, and there will still be problems after you.
All you need amidst these problems is to maintain your calm and to never let these temporary problems to permanently weigh you down.
Maintain a realistic work-life balance
Having a successful career life and a happy personal life at the same time is something most individuals view as impossible.
Despite spending their 9-to-5 on a dreaded office, day in day out, most career persons are neither able to build a solid financial ground nor able to lead their ideal lifestyle.
The first step to ensuring that your job is not just something you gotta do to survive but something you do because you love it is to choose a career you are passionate about.
Doing this, alone, will help you to not live to work, but work to live.
To easily maintain a balance between your personal and career life, do the following:
- Outsource: Especially for small business owners, although every fund is important at the startup stage, you can’t cover all the business fields just to save more money. Singlehandedly, it’s difficult to make a brand triumph. Always employ efficient employees that’ll facilitate the growth of your business.
- Delegate: Don’t try to get all the work done yourself. Sometimes you need to assign some works out to be able to focus all your energy in your special fields. A little help from others will always be beneficial to you.
- Take breaks: A little break won’t necessarily tear your business apart. Set apart some time to enjoy your life. This will also aid your business, as refreshing your body and mind can actually boost your productivity.
Living in cycles with no purpose or ambition is never the way to go — it’s basically just existing, instead of living.
You need your dreams and ambitions to easily navigate through life in a focused state of mind, and heeding to the above tips will surely pull you out of the rat-race of life and make you too mindful to be distracted by the ever-changing and busy world.
How did you escape the rat-race of life? Share your thoughts below.
Love what you just read? Subscribe below to never miss an update.
Also, use the share buttons below to spread the word to your friends and loved ones!
Widget not in any sidebars
Latest posts by Joseph Chukwube (see all)
- Ideas Are Precious Gemstones In This Digital Age - May 8, 2017
- Seeking For Perfection Is The Easiest Way To Fail - April 5, 2017
- 6 Ultimate Ways To Escape The Daily Rat-Race Of Life - March 22, 2017