Becoming successful in any career field is never the easiest thing to do. In sync with the sheer hard work that must be put in, lots of crucial approaches have to be taken, too.
This makes the long-run to success even more overwhelming.
As a result, most people, while trying to make the best career decisions and to take the right approaches, they end up making lots of fatal mistakes that makes it even harder for them to succeed in their field.
With this stated, there is a need to build a strong foundation for yourself before pursuing any career.
One of the best ways to do this, however, is by learning from highly successful people and taking note of the attributes that enabled them to get to their current spot.
Below are 7 Attributes Common Amongst The Highly Successful People
Knowledge is a thing successful people cherish dearly. They go to any length to learn ways to be more efficient and more productive.
Knowledge, however, is not necessarily the one acquired from graduating from an Ivy-league college.
Successful people read life-changing books, attend seminars, and watch shows that focus on their career field in order to become more learned in the field.
- Bill Gates stated in an interview that he reads 50 books a year.
- Elon Musk reads more than 3 hours every day.
- Mark Zuckerberg, Oprah Winfrey, Warren Buffet and many other insanely successful people all point to the bookshelf when asked their top secret to success.
Not just any book, however, successful people rather prefer books that will increase their knowledge and broaden their reasoning than books that entertain.
The world is rapidly changing and new trends are always rising.
Successful people stay updated with not just the social media and lifestyle trend, but on trends that have direct impact on their career.
Just as automation with AI intelligence is about to take over the manufacturing industries, successful people learn the likeliest ways such automation is going to affect their field and take proper precautions.
Successful people are generally never satisfied with already-acquired knowledge. They always have a desire to learn more, to do more, and to become more successful.
Sheer hard work is another thing successful people refer to as key when asked their secret to success.
Always asked, ‘Whats the key to success?’ The key is, there is no key. Be humble, hungry and always be the hardest worker in the room. – Dwayne Johnson
- Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, reportedly starts his office work at 4:30 in the morning and he’s often the last to leave the office, day in day out.
- Michael Jordan’s early shots as a basketballer were not good enough. As his long time basketball coach wrote, he spent his offseasons practicing by taking hundreds of shots until he became the legend he is.
- Mark Cuban, owner of Dallas Mavericks, wrote that he stay up to 2 at late nights researching and working. He went on like that nonstop for 7 years when starting his first company.
- Warren Buffet, the richest investment guru with an estimated net worth of $76.9 billion started off his career at an early age of 10. He sold papers and ventured into other stock marketing from an early age. Afterward, it became difficult to state exactly how many hours he worked a day because he worked at odd hours and his work became his way of living.
All successful people work incredibly hard; from spending long office hours to managing lots of business engagements.
This makes hard work a key principle that you must never try to substitute if you really want to become successful in life.
All successful people take one risk or the other. Risk is basically the stepping stone that parachutes successful people to the next level.
- For investors like Warren Buffett, the outcome or ROI of their investment is never guaranteed. However, this never holds them back from making large-scale investments.
- Dwayne Johnson, after gaining fame and popularity in wrestling, he ditched wrestling for acting. This is a big risk because he never knew how acting would turn out for him. Besides, if he returned to wrestling after failing at acting, his fan count and fame would have reduced drastically. Regardless, he took the bold step and eventually became highly successful in both acting and wrestling field.
- Mark Zuckerberg, Knowing fully well that he’ll be penalized for hacking into Harvard’s University database, he still did the hacking anyways. Though he was penalized afterward, this was a big step forward for him in bringing Facebook to light.
The list goes on and on. No career is ever risk-free, and every successful person is aware of this.
Just as Warren Buffet learned to exercise patience after his first investment yielded a low ROI, risks will either help you grow financially or help you grow mentally and emotionally.
Ability to market yourself to the audience is an attribute that all successful people exhibit.
Research carried out by the Carnegie Institute of Technology states that 85% of your financial success is determined by your personality and ability to communicate, negotiate and lead, while only 15% depends on your technical knowledge.
Successful people often take a peek at how the human brain works by reading insightful books. Afterward, they apply the same principle to easily study their audience/consumers, learn what appeals to them, and then improve their products accordingly.
Effective communication also proves very helpful when it comes to networking.
It helps them to build impressive self-image and enables them to showcase their services in awesome ways that’ll leave investors eager to buy shares, and consumers eager to purchase their products.
And this, alone, helps them to receive far more chances and opportunities than the average man.
Determination and Persistence
The desire to succeed and to lead a great life is common amongst everyone.
However, only the successful people are determined enough to go the extraordinary lengths and to do the crazy stuffs that’ll make their desires come to pass.
Successful people fail over and over, but are never hesitant to start all over no matter how many ideas come crashing down.
- Mark Zuckerberg made lots of failed attempts and faced lawsuit a number of times before he successfully created Facebook.
- Thomas Edison‘s teachers said he was “too stupid to learn anything.” He was fired from his first two jobs for being “non-productive.” As an inventor, Edison made 10,000 unsuccessful attempts before he invented the light bulb.
- Warren Buffett‘s first investment only yielded 2 bucks because he was not patient enough. However, instead of getting demoralized, he picked up the important lesson and kept going till he became the successful man he is today.
- Walt Disney, the founder of Disneyland, was once fired by a newspaper editor on the basis that “he lacks imagination and good ideas.” Also, Disney World failed in its first stage as a result of his inability to manage the finances.
- Henry Ford failed and went broke 5 times before he successfully created the Ford model car.
- Ralph Lauren, the founder of the Polo fashion brand, started off as a poor street-side man turning rags to ties.
Giving up is never an option for successful people. They remain persistent and keep going till a positive result is achieved.
Successful people don’t always aim for a grand start, they simply aim for a grand end.
The mindset is one aspect the successful people never fail to take charge of. Knowing fully well that the mindset has so much power that can reshape a person’s life, successful people always fill their minds with positivity.
Instead of settling for less and following the path of the mediocrity, successful people are always on the verge of coming up with new ideas that’ll change their life.
This makes it seem like successful people are always fortunate to have more opportunities than the average man. The fact, however, is that they work for it.
They generally exhibit a success mindset and believe that nothing is impossible.
Lastly, a thing successful people have in common that also plays a part in their success is that they take care of their health. They work out.
Health is wealth, and good health means more productivity.
Successful people are well aware of this. They sleep sufficiently, exercise regularly and eat healthily.
Successful people like Cher, Warren Buffet, OKCupid founder and many others all take part in physical activities, be it running, jogging, yoga or whatnot.
Regular exercise helps them to remain in good form, physically and mentally.
Every successful person has a particular secret that helped them to succeed, and this varies by persons.
However, these are few of the secrets that most successful people have in common.
Practice as many of the above attributes as possible and you’ll undoubtedly see yourself looking the part of being successful in no time.
To become successful, you have to take the right actions. To take the right actions, you have to acquire as much knowledge as possible.
Which of the above secret will you start practicing right away? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Latest posts by Joseph Chukwube (see all)
- 5 Core Approaches To Be Taken Before and While Engaging In Any Exercise Routine - June 17, 2017
- Ideas Are Precious Gemstones In This Digital Age - May 8, 2017
- Seeking For Perfection Is The Easiest Way To Fail - April 5, 2017